Investors looking for a solid, reliable return on their property investment should consider renting their property directly to DHA. Why? Let’s find out.
1. Guaranteed* rental returns
When you lease your investment property to DHA, you are guaranteed* to receive reliable, market value rental returns. Plus, an independent, licensed valuer will review market rental prices periodically throughout the lease to ensure you continue to receive fair market rent. Rent is paid in advance regardless of whether the property is occupied, but rest assured we will maintain the premises to look as though someone is there.
2. Long-term leases and reliable tenancy
Your income stream is secure with DHA as we offer long-term leases up to six years – with the possibility of extension. When you lease your property to us, you can also rest easy knowing you have a reliable tenant – because we are the tenant. What’s more, you will know your property is being lived in by members of the Australian Defence Force – one of the most trusted and respected organisations in Australia.
3. Your property is cared for
All the properties we lease are covered by DHA’s Property Care Contract. This includes a range of services for a simple, monthly fee:
- Tenant management – we manage the tenant on your behalf, and we regularly carry out inspections, so you will have peace of mind that the property is in order.
- Property repairs – we organise and pay for most non-structural repairs, including the replacement of fixed appliances, should it be needed. If there’s an emergency repair required, we will act quickly on your behalf.
- Rent reviews – DHA carries out periodic rent reviews using licensed independent valuers, so you know that you are always getting market value rent.
- Monthly statements – you always know where you stand with DHA. Our online portal lets you manage and review your property, when you want to. We also provide monthly statements of all incomings and outgoings, so you know what income to expect each month.
To find out more, please visit our website.
Rent may be subject to abatement under certain circumstances, such as loss of enjoyment or amenity, or breach of lease terms. Rent is paid where the property is habitable. Should a property become uninhabitable during the term of the lease, or the lessor breaches the lease terms, the rent may cease or abate, and the lease may be terminated by DHA. Guaranteed rent is subject to the terms of the lease. DHA does not consider an investor’s objectives or financial needs. Investors should always seek appropriate independent advice before making any investment decisions with DHA.